Fine Line Electric is always looking for skilled and qualified personnel. If you are interested in obtaining a position in our company please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a drug free workplace. We prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Plans methods and procedures for the installation of raceway systems, wiring systems, lighting fixtures, electrical devices and appliances, electrical apparatus, motor and controls, control and alarm systems, specialty systems and grounding systems. Test and adjust, calibrate or correct electrical components to the standard required by the contract documents.
Installations must be made in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC) and/or the local code enforcing authority. All work must be done in a workmanship manner according to industry standards.
Minimum of 1-4 years field experience working on commercial electrical projects. High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
Includes the following, but are not limited to:
- Plan, layout, and obtain sufficient required materials and tools to complete an assigned task as scheduled.
- Cut, bend, thread, assemble and install raceway systems.
- Pull wire in raceway systems verifying code fill requirements.
- Push, pull, or reposition rolling scaffolds, non-power driven lifts, machinery on wheels, and materials and equipment on or off mobile carts as authorized by the Safety Officer.
- Mount panels, disconnect and transfer switches, circuit breakers, control devices, meter and wireways.
- Set level and secure electrical apparatus.
- Install bus duct, cable tray and cable way systems.
- Install wiring devices and hot check.
- Terminate and splice wire cable.
- Install ground cable, ground bus and terminate with mechanical or Caldweld-type connection.
- Set and connect motors and controls.
- Locate and disconnect existing circuits and electrical devices and equipment devices and equipment in existing facilities.
- Terminate and splice HV cable using molded splice/termination kit similar to 3M.
- Set, level, secure, connect and test generators.
- Read and understand electrical drawings and manufacturers instructions.
- Follow all Safety guidelines and report any safety hazards, violations and injuries.
- Dig trenches or excavation.
- Use testing equipment such as meggers, voltmeters, ammeters, volt-ohm meters (VOM), ground resistant tester, high pot tester, GFI tester and light meter.
- Other duties as assigned.
Provides pre-construction electrical cost estimates for large and complex institutional/industrial/retail projects as required by client’s documents.
Bachelor’s degree in related construction field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Journeyman or Master Electrician license preferred Must possess 5-7 years of experience performing design/build and conceptual cost estimates in the electrical industry on complex and large commercial projects, specifically commercial, hospitality, mid/hi-rise condominium & light industrial. Experience with Accubid or equivalent estimating software. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong emphasis on customer service. Strong preconstruction and design build experience. Understand plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of materials and equipment needed to ensure compliance with project requirements. Experience with contract documents such as contract drawings, subcontracts, contract addendum and specifications. Familiarity with electrical equipment, materials, and specifications. Able to read and interpret architectural and mechanical drawings. Knowledge of NEC Codes and local codes.
- Review incoming requisition documents and understand scope of work to bid.
- Gather data in preparing bid packages, conceptual estimates, etc. for projects of large size and complexity, within scheduled bid deadlines.
- Responsible for developing plan & specification and design build bids for commercial, institutional, retail and light industrial projects.
- Calculates the cost of electrical construction based on reviewing and evaluating available documents.
- Perform take-offs from drawings; price changes orders; and conduct site visits to understand the constructability of projects.
- Develop budgets and cost codes for projects; assist in the preparation of technical proposals, including the design and writing the scope of work, management plans, work sequence, safety, quality control and commissioning.
- Obtain sub-contractor and supplier pricing to develop a competitive and complete bid package.
- Represent company with customers/owners and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Develop and present clear and detailed project scopes to the customer and meet with potential customers to present proposals.